Use this link to download course details (Adobe reader required)
Unicorns One day Fire Legislation Course is designed for owners, managers and staff with responsibility for Health and Safety in the workplace. It provides a comprehensive overview of the many fire related legislative requirements of the workplace. It also clarifies the relevant enforcement agencies’ expectations.
A half day option is also available which provides a basic overview of the legislation.
To develop a sound understanding of current fire safety legislation and the expectations of the relevant enforcement agencies so that the delegate can ensure the safety of their staff as well as the legal compliance of their own workplaces.
Course Contents Include:
• An overview of the history of fire safety legislation
• Common Law and ‘a duty of care’
• General Health & Safety legislation
• The Health and Safety (safety signs and signals) Regulations 1996
• The Building Regulations and Approved Document ‘B’
• The Licensing Act 2003 / Housing Act 2004 (if of relevance to delegates)
• Corporate Manslaughter & Corporate Homicide Act 2007
• The expectations of the enforcement agencies and record keeping
Delegates get a FREE Fire Log Book, a Fire Safety Policy template, course hand-outs and a certificate of attendance
3 hour Basic Overview courses and 2.5 hour refreshers are also available
Courses will be tailored to your individual requirements and bespoke training is available on request
At your premises for up to 15 delegates
Please call us for the most up to date costs and special offers. We will be only too pleased to discuss your own special requirements
Unicorn fire & safety solutions
Unicorn House 6 Salendine Shrewsbury Shropshire SY1 3XJ
Telephone 01743 360211 for more information.