Use this link to download course details (Adobe reader required)
Unicorns ‘Fire Safety for Managers’ course is ideal for workplace managers, supervisors and other members of staff with health & safety responsibilities. It will provide them with the knowledge and confidence to ensure the organisations’ Fire Safety Policy is complied with ensuring the workplace is safe from fire, and that the organisation meets its statutory obligations.
Courses will be tailored to your individual requirements.
The course will equip managers with an understanding of current fire safety legislation and their own responsibilities. They will understand their own organisations fire safety policy and be able to ensure staff compliance.
A thought provoking discussion is included which focuses on maintaining business continuity and minimising the consequences of a fire and other emergencies.
Course Contents Include:
• The dangers and cost of fire to industry
• Current fire legislation and the responsibilities of the employer / employee
• Brief overview of how fires start and spread
• Fire Safety Risk Assessments and the approved risk specific guides
• Your organisational fire policies
• Fire protection measures in the workplace and how to safeguard them
• Testing and maintenance of fire protection equipment
• Staff roles –Fire Wardens, Assembly Point Marshals etc
• Staff Training and Fire Drills
• Record Keeping – Fire Logbooks, Training Records, Hot Work Permits, etc.
• Business continuity and damage mitigation strategies
• Where to get further guidance and advice
Delegates get a FREE Fire Log Book, Fire Safety Policy template, course hand-outs and a certificate of attendance
A half day refresher course is also available
At your premises for up to 25 delegates
Please call us for the most up to date costs and special offers. We will be only too pleased to discuss your own special requirements
Unicorn fire & safety solutions
Unicorn House 6 Salendine Shrewsbury Shropshire SY1 3XJ Telephone 01743 360211 for more information